The Queen’s College
Old Members’ Relations Officer – Description of Duties
Old Members’ Relations Officer
Main purpose of job:
To support the Provost and Director of Development in the College’s work to maintain good relations with its Old Members, and to support the College’s fund-raising.
(a) Responsible to: Director of Development
(b) Responsible for: Occasional temporary staff, volunteers
(c) Liaison with: Provost & Fellows of the College; the President of the Queen’s
College Association; the Editor of the College Record; the
Catering Manager; the Chef; the SCR Butler; the Steward; the
Finance Officer; the Academic Administrator; the Provost’s
Secretary; the IT Officers; the Librarian; the Archivist
Main tasks of job:
• Developing and making all the arrangements for a wide range of College events and functions for Old Members (including some overseas events), and attending these events;
• Assisting in the production and distribution of the bi-annual College Newsletter;
• Ensuring the accuracy and utility of the College’s database of information about the Old Members;
• Giving administrative support to the Queen’s College Association (the Old Members’ association), and the charitable fund which it administers;
• Assisting Old Members and the public with general requests for help and information;
• Supporting the Director of Development in the planning and implementation of the College’s fund-raising activities (including an annual fund and telephone fund-raising campaign);
• Assisting the Director of Development in the supervision of the Old Members’ Office Assistant;
• Organising internal meetings connected with Old Members;
• Liaison with counterparts in other colleges, for example through attendance at meetings of the Alumni Officers’ Forum.
This list is not exhaustive, as the duties will involve other tasks from time to time as
appropriate for the post.