An Oxford household had to evacuate after Sunday breakfast took a fiery turn.
Residents of a Nowell Road home in Rose Hill fled after their toaster caught fire and threatened to take hold of the kitchen.
The incident happened shortly before 10am on February 18.
Two fire engines arrived on the scene with a fire spreading from the back of the property.
The flames were extinguished using high-pressure hose reels, and damage was contained to the kitchen.
Incident commander, crew manager Michael Milling, of Slade Fire Station, said: ‘The occupiers of the property were alerted by the smell of smoke and the actuation of the smoke detectors. They managed to close the kitchen door to minimise fire spread and smoke damage to the rest of the property and made their way safely out of the property before calling the fire service.
“I would also like to remind the public to ensure that you have working smoke alarms that are tested weekly and not to leave cooking unattended.”