Houses were evacuated as a huge tank of propane gas started leaking after two tree trunks smashed into it.
Fire and rescue teams also had to close a busy main road during rush hour following a report of gas leaking from a storage vessel at a property outside Bicester on Thursday last week.
Crews attending found two large tree trunks that had fallen in the high winds, coming to rest partially on top of a domestic gas storage vessel and partially on top of an external property. Damage to the valve assembly on the top of the vessel was causing the gas to leak.
Crews put up a safety cordon and a small number of residents were asked to evacuate in case there was any source of ignition.
Specialist heavy lifting equipment was used to raise the main trunk allowing engineers to stem the gas leak and crews to limit the risk to the surrounding roads.
The damaged storage vessel was then safely emptied and removed from the site by gas engineers before the area was declared safe.